This research paper deals with the conceptual and methodology of Self-recognition of higher secondary students of kheda district of Gujarat state. Researcher selected 200 higher secondary students for this study through, from rural and urban both area. The Self-Recognition inventory was constructed and used in the study. Survey method was used for data collection. Mean, SD and t value statistics was used for study. Research found that there was a significant difference between Male and Female students of high school with regard to their Self-Recognition, and there were no significance difference between Urban and rural areas high school students on their Self-Recognition mean scores.
1. Baker, Eugene. M (1977), “Psychological Education to enhance Self Understanding and Self Acceptance in college students”, http://WWW.spd.org/sdp/diss
2. Bharadwaj.R (1998),“Perceived parenting of rejection-Acceptance and adolescents value conflicts”, Indian psychological review, Vol Llspecial issue p.256
3. Ceyhan, A Aykut, Ceyhan, Esra Invistigaion of University students Self-Recognition and learned resourcefulness: A longitudinal study higher education. The international journal of higher education and educational planning. V61 No.6 pp. 649-661, June 2011.
4. Fraley,-Stephen-E. (1992)From, “Self-Balance to Self-Recognition: Freeing Myself in a Prison Undergraduate Program”. Journal-of-Correctional-Education; v43 n4 p178-81 Dec 1992
5. Ireson, Judith, Hallam, Susan (2009), Academic Self-Concepts in Adolescence. Relation with Achievement and Ability Grouping in Schools. Learning and Instruction.v193, no. , pp 201-213, June 2009
6. Lawrence, A.S.Arul; Vimala A, Self-concept and achievement motivation of High School students, Online Submission, Conflux: Journal of Education v1 no 1 pp 141-146, June-2013
7. Randolph,-Elizabeth (1993),“Developing Self-Awareness and Self-Recognition in emotionally Handicapped Students through the Bibliog therapeutic Process”.
8. Statman, Daniel (1993),“Self-Assessment, Self-Esteem, and Self-Recognition”. Journal-of-Moral-Education; v22 n1 p55-62 1993.