There have been various research studies assessing various factors that affect science attitude of school students. In the present study Researcher tried to Study the Science Attitude of Higher Secondary School Students with reference to Gender, Cast, Types of schooland Academic Achievement.Random sampling technique was used for selecting the sample. The total sample was that of 243 students in which 197 Male (107 Granted and 90 Non granted) and 46 Female (46 Granted) students were selected. The Researcher used achievement test and self-developed standardized Science Attitude Scale for measuring the Students Attitude towards Science. The collected data were analyzed by using the statistical technique of t-test and F-test. According to the findings, Male and Female students, Granted and Non granted school studentsand Open, SEBE, SC and ST category students have similar attitude towards Science. High achiever school students have positive attitude towards Science with compare to Low achiever school students.
1. Best, J.W. (1997). Research in Education. New Delhi: Prentice Hall of India Private Ltd.
2. Marcelle, A., Michael, A. (2003). Developing the Changes in Attitude about the Relevance of Science (CARS)
3. Questionnaire and Assessing Two High School Science Classes. JOURNAL OF RESEARCH IN SCIENCE TEACHING, 40(8).
4. Murat, D. (2009). The relationships between the scientist perception and scientific attitudes of Science teacher
5. candidates in Turkey: A case study. Scientific Research and Essay, 4 (6), pp. 565-576. Retrieved from
6. Pandey, K.P. (1983). Fundamentals of Educational Research.(First edition). Delhi: Amitash Prakashan.
7. Richard, W., Moore, R. and Leigh, H. F. (1997). The Scientific Attitude Inventory: A Revision (SAI II). JOURNAL OF RESEARCH IN SCIENCE TEACHING, 34(4).
8. Winner, B. J. (1997). Statistical Principals in Experimental Design. (Second edition). New York: Mc Graw Hill Book Company.